Thursday 19 January 2012

January Weather!


Well so far in 2012 we have had wind and rain, gales and rain, frost and ice and now wind and rain again!

In spite of this horrible weather the snowdrops are putting on a brave show and have been doing so since before Christmas.
However this is not the weather to have any chance of getting into the garden - so instead of getting depressed about this situation - I am sitting indoors looking at various catalogues and trying to decide which of the lucious plants that are on offer I fancy trying in the garden.

The trouble is I'm really spoilt for choice!



I discount any plants that are not hardy enough to survive outdoors - having had my fair share of failures in the past I know more or less which plants will give up the ghost the minute they put their roots in the heavy clay soil in this area. Believe me I've tried everything to help these plants to survive - but all to no avail!

Having already planted my wallflowers, tulips, daffodils etc ready for spring - my thoughts are already turning to summer bedding.

I must keep repeating "Do not let yourself be tempted, do not let yourself be tempted, do not . . . . . "

No comments:

Post a Comment