Friday 15 July 2011

Photo round–up


I’ve been out in the garden with my camera recently. Everything is growing really well and so in this post I decided to include some images of what is happening.

Firstly – the tomatoes are doing well, if you look really carefully you will just be able to see the beginnings of what I hope will be a good harvest.


The lavender has been beautiful for weeks and has attracted all sorts of insects and butterflies. I love bees and took pictures of a couple of them enjoying the lavender flowers.


This butterfly was also on the lavender and caught my attention as it is the first time that I have seen this blue butterfly in this part of the world. I’m not completely sure which species it is, but it was a welcome visitor.




















Finally another welcome visitor – I think this is a Goldfinch – but I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong. Absolutely beautiful little birds and always a welcome sight.

Oh! I forgot about the strawberries!





Is your garden doing well?

Let us know about your triumphs or disasters.

No comments:

Post a Comment